MBBS, DO-Ophthalmology, MS-Ophthalmology, Fellowship- Ophthalmology
|Specialty||:||Senior Consultant Ophthalmologist & Vitreoretinal Surgeon|
|Clinic Location||:||Greams Road|
Dr. Prathik Ranjan Sen has got over 15 years of experience in treating retina related ailments, being a distinguished retinal surgeon. He is presently working as Senior Consultant Ophthalmologist at Apollo Hospital, Chennai.
Dr. Sen did his fellowship in vitreoretinal disorders from Medical Research Foundation, Sankara Nethralaya, Chennai. He also worked as a consultant in the department of vitreoretinal services at Medical Research Foundation. Then he went on to be a consultant ophthalmologist at Apollo Hospital Colombo followed by a stint as a Senior Consultant in the department of vitreoretinal services at Medical Research Foundation. He has been a Visiting Consultant of Salauddin Multispeciality Hospitals Pvt Ltd, Dhaka as well as Fortis Medical Centre, Kolkata.
- BBS from BJ Medical College, Gujarat University
- DO from BJ Medical College, Gujarat University
- MS in Ophthalmology from BJ Medical College, Gujarat University
More than 15000 independent complex VR surgeries
- Combined phacoemulsification with vitreoretinal procedures
- Scleral buckling techniques
- Complex Vitreoretinal procedures
- Diabetic eye disease,
- Posterior segment trauma
- Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment with PVR,
- Proliferative retinopathies
- Macular hole surgery
- Submacular surgery
- Scleral fixated intraocular lenses and iridodialysis repair
- Retrieval of dislocated IOLS and dropped nuclear fragments
- Ocular Trauma management primary and secondary
- Diagnosis and treatment of proliferative vascular diseases
- Diagnosis and counselling in heredomacular degenerations
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Age Related Macular Degeneration
- Laser photocoagulation
- Intravitreal Injections
- Ultrasonography of the eye
- Fundus fluorescein and indo-cyanine green angiography,
- Ocular Coherence tomography
- Ultrasound Biomicroscopy
Participated in Drug Trials for Alcon and Novartis in the treatment of ARMD Uveitis and Diabetic Retinopathy
- “Combined photodynamic therapy and intravitreal ranibizumab as primary treatment for choroidal neovascularization associated with age-related macular degeneration in an Indian patient,” Sen Pratik Ranjan; Shroff Daraius; Chhablani Jay, Indian journal of ophthalmology 2008.
- Retinopathy of prematurity Sri Lanka Journal of Child Health.
- Use of silicone oil in the management of complex retinal detachment — an Indian experience International Ophthalmology
- Role of Avastin in Retinopathy of prematurity at International ROP Congress 2009
- Diagnosis and Management of Polypoidal choroidal Vasculopathy at Vitreoretinal Society of India 2009
- Talk on diabetic macular edema SN-ARVO 2010
- Keynote address on Diabetic Retinopathy OSB conference Dhaka 2012.