MBBS (Hons), MD (Medicine), DM (Endocrinology)
|Specialty||:||Consultant Endocrinologist & Diabetologist|
Dr. Sambit Das is an eminent endocrinologist and diabetologist in the state of Orissa, and currently practises at Apollo Hospitals in Bhubaneswar. Dr. Sambit Das excelled in academics and was a topper during his medical studies. He was awarded Gold Medals during the MBBS programme and the Best Graduate Award at the Final MBBS examination in 2001.
Dr. Das earned the DM Endocrinology super speciality degree from the prestigious PGIMER, Chandigarh in 2009.
Dr. Sambit Das has been with Apollo Hospitals as Consultant Endocrinologist and Diabetologist since April 2010. He also received the title of Associate Professor in Endocrinology from Apollo Health and Educational Research Foundation (AHERF) Medvarsity in 2013.
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS), VSS Medical College, Sambalpur University, Orissa
- DM- Endocrinology, PGIMER Chandigarh
- Delivered speeches and made presentations at conferences in India and internationally
- A regular invitee as faculty at prominent events relating to his field of specialisation.
Dr. Das has published 18 articles in various Indian and international journals of endocrinology, among which are:
- Article: “Subacute thyroiditis: an uncommon cause of fever of unknown origin,” Indian Journal of Endocrinology and Metabolism. 2012/vol16/Suppliment 2.
- Article: “Weight homeostasis & its modulators in hyperthyroidism before & after treatment with carbimazole.”
- Member, Indian Thyroid Society.
- Member, American Thyroid Association.
- Member, American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists.
- Secretary, Endocrine Society of Orissa. ESO. 2011-2013.
- Co-organising Secretary, ESOCON. 2012.
English, Hindi, Oriya